It's finally time to say goodbye to the year that is 2020, and welcome in the new year of 2021. While we can't be physically together, we can bring our hearts, spirits, and minds together in the æther of the zoom-cloud.
This will be unlike any virtual party you've yet attended. We have decided to transfer the very heart of the Bradley Street Bicycle Co-op into ~cyberspace~. The impact of doing so is yet unknown, but we should be safe to dance, game, jam, and reconnect together in nuBSBC until the dawn of the new year.
Be cautious as you explore, as we've seen some evidence of merging universes...
So let's usher in 2021, and say good riddance to 2020!
Because this interface is different from interface of other parties, we need to update our expectations about what's polite and what isn't...
nuBSBC Party Rules:
- Feel free to move between rooms without interrupting the flow of conversation to say goodbye!
- Communication is a little different here, so utilize your many options including the chat, hand signals, thumbs-ups and waves!
- In groups of 5 or more, be extra careful not to take up too much space.
- Text your friends just like in a real party, and if you can't find anyone you know, it's okay to text or even call your friends to ask them where they are.
- Sometimes videochat conversations can make it difficult to stay engaged. It's better to partially occupy yourself with doodling, knitting, or fidgeting, rather than entirely distracting yourself with the other wonders of the internet. Remember, you can leave as you need and come back later.
- Suspend your disbelief and don't spoil the mystery for others: feel free to share hints with your fellow party-goers to help them explore, but don't ruin the surprise for them!